New Student Registration
Are you new to Somerset ISD? Registration dates are now available:
Registration dates: July 26th, 27th, and 28th
Place: ZECLA Cafeteria
Times: 8:00 am-11:00 am and 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
We are excited and looking forward to welcoming our students back to a new school year. As part of the registration process, any new student to Somerset ISD is asked to call and make an appointment with their individual campus prior to submitting a registration packet. Once your appointment is set, the campus registrar will meet with parents and review the requested documents.
Call your student’s individual campus to make an appointment if you missed the registration dates listed above.
Somerset High School
Somerset Junior High
Savannah Heights Intermediate
Barrera Veterans Elementary
Somerset Elementary School
Early Childhood Elementary
* If a student withdrew prior to the ending of the previous school year, they will need to re-register as a new student.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED PERTAINING TO REGISTERING NEW STUDENTS
New student registration is held at each school office. Please call the specific campus for more information on registration. Parents/Guardians should bring the following documentation (all documents are mandatory) when registering new students...
1. Proof of Residency (A current utility bill, tax record or lease agreement is due at enrollment.)
2. Withdrawal Form (This form, to be presented at the time of enrollment, must show the date that the student withdrew from the previous school. Records must be requested within 10 days of enrollment. This form is not necessary during the summer months.)
3. Last Report Card/Unofficial Transcript. (Students in the 11th or 12th grade or those repeating 9th grade must furnish an unofficial transcript with 10 days of enrollment.)
4. Student's Social Security Card (This must be presented at enrollment.)
5. Student's Birth Certificate (This must be presented at enrollment. If the student was born in Texas, it can be obtained at the San Antonio Health Department.)
6. Current Immunizations (shot) records. (This must be presented at enrollment and all immunizations must be up-to-date.)
DOCUMENTS NEEDED RELATING TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS TO REGISTER NEW STUDENTS
a. The Parent's Texas Drivers License (Must be presented within 10 days of enrollment.)
b. If there is a change in custody, the student's parents and/or guardian must provide a Power of Attorney document or divorce decree, within 10 days of any such change.
c. If the parent/guardian and student are living with a third party, the parent/guardian and the homeowner must meet with a notary public to obtain a proof of residency document. (This must be presented at time of enrollment.) For further information, please contact the registrar at the particular campus that you are registering the student.